Southwest Airlines sunset departure

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lyle Shelton and Rare Bear

Many who know the Air Race circuit know that the Rare Bear images.XXXXXXXXXXXX.jpeg won at the Reno Air Races this year. Paul and I went to the race in Sept 2005 (see pics). The picture below was taken by me of the Rare Bear after winning then as well.

Lyle Shelton was the owner (and earlier pilot) of Rare Bear till 2006. He, along with a few other area pilots, came to the tower this morning, and I was able to give them a VIP tour of the facility. It didn’t hit me till just before they left that he was THEE Lyle Shelton of Rare Bear fame. When the light went on in my brain, I stopped him, asked for a picture and autograph, and he complied graciously. Unfortunately the picture came out blurry, but, nevertheless, I got to meet legendary Lyle Shelton. To some of us aviation geeks, this is cool.

rarebear.yQQNXfZAqpW1.jpg

LyleSheldon.IcrY4qCMmSXy.jpg

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cool! boss! twitchin'! groovy!

and i like your new picture :o)

love,
alicia

Mark Economou said...

and, of course, "neat."

Thanks!